What else is there to do...
When you expected to be a mom, and instead you're a miscarriage survivor struggling with infertility? 

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Same Old, Same Old

I wish I could figure out how to convince myself that this year is a fresh start.  Somehow it just feels like more of the same darn thing.  Maybe that's because my new year is starting off with a new period instead of a new pregnancy.  But I need to remember that during this new year of trying to get pregnant, we will have the additional help of fertility treatments.

In fact, this is what's planned just for this month:

1.  Bloodwork for me looking at TSH, glucose, insulin, and prolactin levels (already done, just waiting on the results).
2.  A semen analysis for Mr. Unexpected (scheduled for this Tuesday).
3.  A HSG for me (I have to call and schedule this tomorrow).
4.  Clo.mid (CD3-7) with ultrasound monitoring (to be scheduled tomorrow) and a HCG trigger.

I really hope that it works, because I am starting to feel like I can't take it anymore.

And it doesn't help that this Saturday is one year since losing Cricket.  How could all that time have passed without a new pregnancy?  How can we still be at step 1 when Cricket should be 5 months old?  Come on world, just give me something here.

No comments: